Shamrock Shuffle set for Sunday
Shamrock ShuffleWhen: Sunday, 11:15 a.m.
Start/Finish: Elm Street at Veteran’s Park, Manchester
Other events: Kids Leprechaun Runs, 10:45 a.m.; St. Patrick’s Parade, noon
Other participants are thrilled to simply reach the giant clover painted on Elm Street and cross the finish line. Last year's Shamrock Shuffle drew more than 2,500 runners and walkers, including women's champion Kara Haas of Chelmsford, Mass., clocked at 10 minutes, 55.76 seconds. Sanca, of Dracut, Mass., represented Cape Verde at London last summer. In March, he crushed the Shamrock field by running a 9:05.77.
Another sold-out Shamrock Shuffle, headquartered at Veteran's Park, is set for Sunday. The Kids Leprechaun Run begins at 10:45 a.m., followed by the Shuffle at 11:15 a.m. Proceeds will benefit New Horizons for New Hampshire. The St. Patrick's Day Parade begins at noon.
For those preparing for the Boston Marathon, there's a much longer race on the Seacoast on Sunday. The 18th Annual Eastern States 20-Mile Race, formerly known as the Border to Border, takes runners through six towns and two states. The 20-miler begins at Portmouth High School at 11 a.m. and finishes across the Massachusetts border in Salibury. Casey Moulton, a Pelham High graduate, won last year's event at 1:45:40. Twin brother Patrick finished third.
The 14th annual Run for the Border Half Marathon, which begins at Wallis Sands Beach in Rye, also begins at 11 a.m. on Sunday. Casey Carroll of Dover is the defending champion in the Run for the Border Half Marathon. Carroll ran a blistering 5:51 pace and finished at 1:16:34 last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Runners want to send message in 2014 Boston Marathon - 0
- Newbould, Varanka lead Granite Staters in Boston Marathon - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: NH's race within the race - 0
- Granite State pair back on track for Boston - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Would an Easter or Christmas road race work in Granite State? - 0
- It's a family affair at Manchester road race - 0
- Shamrock Shuffle set for Sunday - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Shamrock Shuffle runners ready to party - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: No way to win with a road race cancellation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty