Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Man to plead guilty to charges he lived under Salem home, video recorded woman for two days
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass. filed an intent to plead guilty to charges that he secretly recorded a woman in her bathroom while living under her trailer for two days. (COURTESY)
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., filed his intention to plead guilty during a brief court hearing on Friday just before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Hobbs was indicted in November on 10 charges including burglary, violation of privacy and attempted interception of telecommunications or oral communications prohibited.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public. Hobbs is expected back in court on May 24 for a plea-and-sentencing hearing.
Hobbs, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail, told police that he had been living under the trailer for two days prior to getting caught on Aug. 15.
Hobbs lived in the Salem trailer before moving to Massachusetts, according to police.
Prosecutors say Hobbs sold the trailer to his victim about two years ago. He returned in July to do some repairs when he allegedly set two baby monitors inside the home. One was in the bedroom, the other in a dryer duct.
About a month later, Hobbs allegedly set up camp under the trailer near a bathroom air duct, bringing with him food, beverages and tissues – observing and recording the woman when she was in the bathroom, police said.
At one point, the woman spotted some movement and discovered Hobbs staring up at her through the air vent. Police say Hobbs responded by saying "Hello."
The woman called 911 and responding police found Hobbs walking south on Route 28.
Hobbs allegedly admitted he was under the trailer. Investigating officers found that 16 videos had been recorded of the woman.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917