Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man charged with pot sales in Meredith
Acting on a tip from a delivery company, Meredith police arrested Tuan Ngoc Le, 48, of Worcester, Mass., for possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell after a delivery truck dropped packages containing 25 pounds of marijuana at a house on Ladd Street.
Le was arrested at 12:16 p.m. by town police. He was arraigned on the charge Friday and was held at the Belknap County Jail on $50,000 cash bail until a hearing is set up on the charge, county officials said.
"The judge was very careful about releasing him - 25 pounds of marijuana is a lot," said police Sgt. Mike Harper.
Police have determined that Le was conducting a marijuana-selling operation out of a rented home at 5 Lower Ladd Hill Road.
"The operation went all the way back to his source in California," Harper said. "By the looks of it, he was renting the home in Meredith and then staying there a week at a time."
After police received the tip, members of the police department took over the delivery, disguising themselves. When Le accepted the packages, he was arrested, Harper said. Thousands of dollars in cash was also seized at the home, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 19
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 40
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917