Milford United Methodist Church appoints new pastor
MILFORD - The Rev. Dr. Wesley Palmer has been appointed to the Milord United Methodist Church by Bishop Sudarshana Devadhar, resident Bishop of the New England Conference of United Methodist Church. According to the Tri-State District Superintendents, the Reverends Janice and Michael Davis, Palmer will assume his duties July 1.
Palmer graduated in 1982 from Tufts University with a bachelor's degree in biology and psychology and received his master's of divinity in 1985 from Drew University School of Theology. In 1997, he received his doctor of ministry degree from Bangor Theological Seminary.
He has served churches in North Sullivan, Prospect Harbor, Gouldsboro, and Guilford in Maine.
From 1990 until June 2000, he served as pastor of the Conway and Center Conway United Methodist churches in Conway, and for the past 13 years, he has served as pastor of the Londonderry United Methodist Church.
He has enjoyed many different mission trip experiences including one to Honduras with Church World Service in 1999.
He has also traveled to Maine with the New Hampshire district mission team several times. He regularly volunteers at Anne-Marie House in Hudson.
He will be joined by his wife, Lucy. In their spare time, Wesley and Lucy enjoy their dog, Daisy and traveling. They have two grown sons, Adam and Timothy.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.