In snow, many work from home
5 a.m. snow day calls not welcome by everyone
Thanks to the Internet, social media and technology, employers are becoming more comfortable with letting their employees stay home and wrestle with a keyboard and video hookup, rather than brave slippery roads to get to work on time.
At Dyn, a Millyard-based Internet services company, employees have the option of working from home or taking a personal day whenever Manchester schools close, said Michael Taylor, community outreach coordinator for the company.
"This is an incredibly valuable policy for our employees, especially ones with young families and kids whose schools were likely impacted by the weather too," he said.
Stephanie Lewry, director of Intown Manchester, said downtown parking garages were nearly empty Tuesday, an indication that many companies tell their workers not to come in.
"This is an absolute huge change between now and 10 years ago when we had a snow storm," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Meteor lights up night sky over eastern United States - 1
- Epping residents upset by tree trimming crew's work - 4
- In snow, many work from home - 0
- 5 a.m. snow day calls not welcome by everyone - 16
- Nashua to be reimbursed for Nemo expenses - 0
- Snow buries Derry budget - 0
- North Country hopes snow extends winter season - 0
- Winter's final storm could break bank for Manchester plow budget - 3
- Snow removal puts state $6 million in hole - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
Town may have to fix grave error