House tables resolution commemorating Roe V. Wade decision
CONCORD _ To avoid a lengthy debate on an emotionally charge issue, the House on Wednesday tabled a resolution commemorating the recent 40th anniversary of the landmark Roe V. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing abortions.
The roll call vote to table was 239-111.
The resolution says the court in the decision “protects every woman’s ability to make her own personal medical decisions, without the interference of politicians.”
It says the House “recognizes the critical importance of continued access to safe and legal abortion.”
Opponents argued that the resolution is purely political and “celebrates the destruction of over 500 million pre-born children.”
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.