Budget still fails after recount in Litchfield
LITCHFIELD - Local voters rejected the town budget last week, according to an election recount that resulted in the same outcome as initially determined.
The recount conducted Tuesday determined that Warrant Article 4 on last week's town ballot - requesting voters to approve a town operating budget of $5,045,145 - was denied with a vote of 609-600. In the original tally announced last week, the budget failed with a vote of 601-597. Either way, the budget failed, and the default budget of $4,974,847 will be implemented, according to town officials.
Ten registered voters requested the recount.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.