Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Derry woman set to plead guilty to burglaries
Kristen Gile, 22, is expected to receive a 12-month county jail sentence in exchange for her guilty pleas in three cases now pending in superior court. Police first arrested Gile days after she allegedly burglarized her ex-boyfriend's home in Derry and stole his wallet last May 28.
Gile later attempted to use her ex-boyfriend's debit card at a local CVS store, and then tried to use the card to obtain money from an ATM last May 30, according to a police affidavit.
Derry police obtained store surveillance images from the CVS store that showed Gile attempting to use the card, a police affidavit said. Police also collected bank paperwork that showed four transactions in which she attempted to obtain money.
The boyfriend had reported the wallet as lost, but police found out about the burglary when a woman who drove Gile to the residence told them about the theft, police said.
Prosecutors say Gile also burglarized an acquaintance's home on June 6 shortly after visiting the home, and later sold a stolen ring at a local pawn shop around June 30.
Defense lawyers recently won permission from a judge to try the cases separately, arguing they were all unrelated incidents. Prosecutors did not object. Gile then struck a plea deal on all of the charges in those cases, court records say.
In addition to a year-long jail sentence, Gile would remain on probation for three years. She will have an additional 12-month sentence suspended as long as she remains on good behavior, according to terms of the deal. A judge will have to approve the plea deal. She is scheduled to enter her guilty plea on June 12. Had she been convicted at trial, Gile could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the felony charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424