Medical examiner won't give cause of death for Danville teen
The office said Monday it was withholding the results of an autopsy because of privacy concerns expressed by the teen's family.
State police have released few details about a shooting incident reported inside the chief's home at 53 Caramel Drive on the night of March 11.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said last week Parsons wasn't home at the time of the incident and that the 15-year-old boy who died was believed to be alone. He also said that the initial investigation showed that the incident "doesn't appear to be accidental."
State police referred questions on the cause of death to the state medical examiner's office.
On Monday, Deputy Attorney General Ann Rice said the cause of death would remain private under an exemption in the state's Right to Know Law. She cited RSA 91-A:5, which allows governmental records to be withheld for various reasons, including medical files "whose disclosure would constitute invasion of privacy."
Meanwhile, state police continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death and have said that, depending on their findings, the case may be sent to the Rockingham County Attorney's Office for review.
Selectmen have also taken no action against Parsons, though he has taken a personal leave following what Selectman Shawn O'Neil called a "very tragic event."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 43
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 2
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl