NH master gardeners will 'Welcome Spring' April 6 in Concord
The New Hampshire Master Gardener Association and UNH Cooperative Extension will sponsor the annual "Welcome Spring" gardening symposium on Saturday, April 6, from 8 a.m. to 3:45 pm. at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
The symposium offers a full day of garden-related lectures and presentations. The "Passionate Perennialist"- garden designer, author and TV personality Kerry Ann Mendez - will be keynote speaker.
During the day, participants can choose between three series of presentations and workshops:
Edibles Series: Growing Great Tomatoes, Active Wintertime Gardening and Herbs to Grow and Use.
Garden Design Series: Landscaping for Birds and Wildlife, Designing Edible Landscapes, and Pruning for Good Fruit and Good Looks.
Special Presentations: Glorious Garlic, Growing a Children's Garden at School, and Deer-Resistant Plantings.
Vendors will be offering gardening supplies, books and jewelry, and a silent auction will feature a multitude of gardening items.
Tickets are $70 for the day, which includes contintental breakfast and a buffet lunch.
For information contact the UNH Cooperative Extension at 877-398-4769 or visit http://tinyurl.com/mastergarden.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 3
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs