NH master gardeners will 'Welcome Spring' April 6 in Concord
The New Hampshire Master Gardener Association and UNH Cooperative Extension will sponsor the annual "Welcome Spring" gardening symposium on Saturday, April 6, from 8 a.m. to 3:45 pm. at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
The symposium offers a full day of garden-related lectures and presentations. The "Passionate Perennialist"- garden designer, author and TV personality Kerry Ann Mendez - will be keynote speaker.
During the day, participants can choose between three series of presentations and workshops:
Edibles Series: Growing Great Tomatoes, Active Wintertime Gardening and Herbs to Grow and Use.
Garden Design Series: Landscaping for Birds and Wildlife, Designing Edible Landscapes, and Pruning for Good Fruit and Good Looks.
Special Presentations: Glorious Garlic, Growing a Children's Garden at School, and Deer-Resistant Plantings.
Vendors will be offering gardening supplies, books and jewelry, and a silent auction will feature a multitude of gardening items.
Tickets are $70 for the day, which includes contintental breakfast and a buffet lunch.
For information contact the UNH Cooperative Extension at 877-398-4769 or visit http://tinyurl.com/mastergarden.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands