NH master gardeners will 'Welcome Spring' April 6 in Concord
The New Hampshire Master Gardener Association and UNH Cooperative Extension will sponsor the annual "Welcome Spring" gardening symposium on Saturday, April 6, from 8 a.m. to 3:45 pm. at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
The symposium offers a full day of garden-related lectures and presentations. The "Passionate Perennialist"- garden designer, author and TV personality Kerry Ann Mendez - will be keynote speaker.
During the day, participants can choose between three series of presentations and workshops:
Edibles Series: Growing Great Tomatoes, Active Wintertime Gardening and Herbs to Grow and Use.
Garden Design Series: Landscaping for Birds and Wildlife, Designing Edible Landscapes, and Pruning for Good Fruit and Good Looks.
Special Presentations: Glorious Garlic, Growing a Children's Garden at School, and Deer-Resistant Plantings.
Vendors will be offering gardening supplies, books and jewelry, and a silent auction will feature a multitude of gardening items.
Tickets are $70 for the day, which includes contintental breakfast and a buffet lunch.
For information contact the UNH Cooperative Extension at 877-398-4769 or visit http://tinyurl.com/mastergarden.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News