NH master gardeners will 'Welcome Spring' April 6 in Concord
The New Hampshire Master Gardener Association and UNH Cooperative Extension will sponsor the annual "Welcome Spring" gardening symposium on Saturday, April 6, from 8 a.m. to 3:45 pm. at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
The symposium offers a full day of garden-related lectures and presentations. The "Passionate Perennialist"- garden designer, author and TV personality Kerry Ann Mendez - will be keynote speaker.
During the day, participants can choose between three series of presentations and workshops:
Edibles Series: Growing Great Tomatoes, Active Wintertime Gardening and Herbs to Grow and Use.
Garden Design Series: Landscaping for Birds and Wildlife, Designing Edible Landscapes, and Pruning for Good Fruit and Good Looks.
Special Presentations: Glorious Garlic, Growing a Children's Garden at School, and Deer-Resistant Plantings.
Vendors will be offering gardening supplies, books and jewelry, and a silent auction will feature a multitude of gardening items.
Tickets are $70 for the day, which includes contintental breakfast and a buffet lunch.
For information contact the UNH Cooperative Extension at 877-398-4769 or visit http://tinyurl.com/mastergarden.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty