May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Janitor accused of stealing Keene State book fine money
Keene Police Sgt. Mike Kopcha said his department was involved in an investigation spanning a few months, after receiving reports that money was being taken from a jar located on a counter at the college's library, where students deposit money for late book returns.
"Due to the high volume of people who had access to the library, it was impossible to identify a suspect," said Kopcha.
Kopcha said the library was closed to students over spring break, and that the only access to the library the day the most recent theft occurred was a cleaning crew from Unico, according to records showing security card swipes.
Kopcha said a Keene man, Zachary Prentice, 28, who was employed by Unico as a cleaner was not a member of the crew assigned to clean the library that day, yet records show he swiped a security card to access the facility.
Kopcha said a warrant was issued for Prentice, and he was picked up at his home on Pearl Street at 6 p.m. Saturday, charged with four counts of misdemeanor theft. Kopcha said police estimate, in total, about $200 was taken from the fine jar over several months.
Prentice was held on a separate bench warrant, and is due to be arraigned today at the 8th District Court in Keene.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424