Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Janitor accused of stealing Keene State book fine money
Keene Police Sgt. Mike Kopcha said his department was involved in an investigation spanning a few months, after receiving reports that money was being taken from a jar located on a counter at the college's library, where students deposit money for late book returns.
"Due to the high volume of people who had access to the library, it was impossible to identify a suspect," said Kopcha.
Kopcha said the library was closed to students over spring break, and that the only access to the library the day the most recent theft occurred was a cleaning crew from Unico, according to records showing security card swipes.
Kopcha said a Keene man, Zachary Prentice, 28, who was employed by Unico as a cleaner was not a member of the crew assigned to clean the library that day, yet records show he swiped a security card to access the facility.
Kopcha said a warrant was issued for Prentice, and he was picked up at his home on Pearl Street at 6 p.m. Saturday, charged with four counts of misdemeanor theft. Kopcha said police estimate, in total, about $200 was taken from the fine jar over several months.
Prentice was held on a separate bench warrant, and is due to be arraigned today at the 8th District Court in Keene.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 9
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424