Auburn man seriously injured in Londonderry crash Friday evening
Police and fire officials responded to a two-vehicle collision near 81 Rockingham Road just after 4:30 p.m., Londonderry Police Lt. Kevin Cavallaro said.
Upon arrival, it was discovered that an S & R Construction Co. truck, driven by Keith Garbino, 50, of Londonderry, had apparently struck a vehicle driven by Cody Carette, 20, of Auburn.
Witnesses said they saw Carette's black BMW, which was traveling southbound, cross over the yellow line and directly into the path of the oncoming truck as it became wedged under the truck, causing it to tip over.
Garbino's truck flipped over upon impact, striking a utility poll, pinning the car's driver inside.
Emergency officials shut down a section of Route 28 for several hours as they removed Carette from the wreckage and loading him onto an awaiting DART helicopter.
He was taken to Mass. General Hospital where he was being treated for injuries described as severe. Garbino wasn't reportedly injured in the crash.
PSNH utility crews were on the scene to replace the broken pole, with members of the local police accident reconstruction team investigating the accident's cause.
The roadway was reopened at shortly before 11 p.m. Friday night.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'