Home » News » Public Safety
Two killed in crash of lacrosse team's bus in Pa.
NH State police hope to ramp up bus inspections
In addition to the driver, the bus was carrying 23 students and three coaches from Seton Hill University, a Catholic school in Greensburg, Pa., turnpike spokesman Bill Capone said.
The bus was near the Carlisle interchange in central Pennsylvania when it veered off the road, crashed through a fence and slammed into a tree, killing the driver, he said.
Three passengers were flown to Penn State Hershey Medical Center, where one of them died, hospital spokeswoman Danielle Ran said.
"Seton Hill University has learned that the university's head women's lacrosse coach, Kristina Quigley, died of injuries sustained in the crash. Quigley was pregnant, and her unborn baby boy died as a result of the crash as well," school spokeswoman Kary Coleman said in a statement.
The 19 other passengers were not seriously injured, Capone said.
The cause of the crash was unknown, he said.
The lacrosse team was headed to a match at Millersville University in Millersville, Pennsylvania.
Quigley had just begun her second season with the Seton Hill women's lacrosse program, and led the team to 11 victories in her first season, the school said.
Seton Hill will hold a memorial Mass for Quigley and the driver on Sunday, Coleman said.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 122
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 10
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 10
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?