Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Jaffrey voters OK budget
Residents also approved $13,302 for increases in salaries and benefits for members of the police union, and $5,540 for such increases for members of the public works union.
Voters agreed to spend $148,000 to purchase a front-end loader for the highway department, including $50,000 from the highway equipment capital reserve fund, with the balance coming from taxes.
They also approved spending $35,000 from the fire department's capital reserve fund on fire and rescue equipment.
And they approved putting the following amounts into capital reserve funds: $75,000 for municipal building maintenance; $50,000 for highway equipment; and $20,000 for fire department equipment.
Voters also approved spending $35,000 for a preliminary design for a new town office building "at or near" the Goodnow Street property.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 9
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 11
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack