May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Mass. man wanted for attempted murder arrested in Manchester
Alexander Lopez, 36, allegedly stabbed Juan Gonzales, 31, of North Andover in the chest on March 7 on South Union Street. Gonzales remains hospitalized in serious condition, according to the U.S. Marshal's Service.
Lawrence police obtained warrants for Lopez' arrest on March 11. The U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force learned he fled to New Hampshire and on Thursday tracked him to an apartment in the 40 block of Clinton Street and arrested him without incident.
Lopez was turned over to Manchester police and charged with being a fugitive from justice on warrants issued in Lawrence on charges of assault with intent to murder, assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault.
Police on Thursday also arrested a man wanted in Burlington, Vermont for aggravated domestic assault.
Joseph Pickens, 42, who police described as a transient, was arrested at a Central Street address. Manchester police received information Pickens was in the city and were checking a number of addresses for him when they located him on Central Street.
According to the Burlington Free Press, Pickens allegedly assaulted a 48-year-old woman on March 9 in Burlington. The woman, whose name police withheld, remained hospitalized as of Thursday police told the Vermont newspaper.
Pickens is wanted on a charge of aggravated domestic assault.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424