Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Keene State splits baseball twinbill
Sophomore Ian Seawards of Dover drove in the winning run in the 11th inning in the Owls' 4-3 win over Bowdoin College.
KSC lost its second game to Husson College, 4-2. Senior Greg Bates of Salem, Brett Dootson, and Seawards each had two hits against Husson.
Colby-Sawyer 14-4, SUNYIT 0-9: In Auburndale, Fla., Sean Gavin had a two-run single and Andy Lapple hit a two-run triple in the win for the Chargers.
Daniel Webster 3-7, Becker 1-5: In Frostproof, Fla., rookie Arial Ramos scattered three hits over seven complete innings striking out four and walking three in the game one victory. Darrik Marstaller of Spofford and Elliot Kilgore of Milford each had two hits and two RBI in the nightcap win.
UNH: Katie Mann will compete in the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships at the IU Natatorium in Indianapolis, Ind. on March 21-23. Her primary event will be the 400 IM, an event where she owns the America East record time. She will also swim in the 200 individual medley and the 200 breaststroke.
Dartmouth: Nejc Zupan will represent Dartmouth at the 2013 NCAA Championships in Indianapolis, Ind., March 28-30. Zupan will compete in the 200 IM and the 200 breast.
Dartmouth College: Junior guard Nicola Zimmer earned All-Ivy League honorable mention. She averaged 8.9 points per game and was Dartmouth's second-leading scorer.
UNH: Kevin Greene and John Prizzi on the men's track & field team, along with Darcy James of Exeter and Jessica Salley on the women's side, were named to the America East All-Academic team.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 27
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack