June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester police officer returns to desk duty on bail
Beland had requested the modification of bail conditions, which barred possession of a weapon, saying that while suspended without pay he was unable to pay his apartment rent and to meet his child support obligations.
Police Capt. Robert Cunha said Wednesday that no date has been set for Beland, 28, to return to work, but when he does he will be issued a weapon and ammunition after entering the building and will have to surrender both before leaving.
Beland pleaded innocent Jan. 23 in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to the assault charges that allege he shoved his wife from behind and put his left arm around her neck and pushed her out the door of his Country Club Drive apartment.
A seven-year member of the Manchester Police Department, Beland is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail, with a trial set for April 29. Bail conditions still bar contact with the alleged victim.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424