May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester police officer returns to desk duty on bail
Beland had requested the modification of bail conditions, which barred possession of a weapon, saying that while suspended without pay he was unable to pay his apartment rent and to meet his child support obligations.
Police Capt. Robert Cunha said Wednesday that no date has been set for Beland, 28, to return to work, but when he does he will be issued a weapon and ammunition after entering the building and will have to surrender both before leaving.
Beland pleaded innocent Jan. 23 in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to the assault charges that allege he shoved his wife from behind and put his left arm around her neck and pushed her out the door of his Country Club Drive apartment.
A seven-year member of the Manchester Police Department, Beland is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail, with a trial set for April 29. Bail conditions still bar contact with the alleged victim.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 3
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 8
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424