June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester police officer returns to desk duty on bail
Beland had requested the modification of bail conditions, which barred possession of a weapon, saying that while suspended without pay he was unable to pay his apartment rent and to meet his child support obligations.
Police Capt. Robert Cunha said Wednesday that no date has been set for Beland, 28, to return to work, but when he does he will be issued a weapon and ammunition after entering the building and will have to surrender both before leaving.
Beland pleaded innocent Jan. 23 in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to the assault charges that allege he shoved his wife from behind and put his left arm around her neck and pushed her out the door of his Country Club Drive apartment.
A seven-year member of the Manchester Police Department, Beland is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail, with a trial set for April 29. Bail conditions still bar contact with the alleged victim.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today - 0
- Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Goffstown officials want new Exit 7 on I-293
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424