Thief hits unlocked cars in Auburn
The thief or thieves hit five vehicles in three separate incidents in the areas of Lover's Lane, Coleman Drive and Pasture Drive. All of the thefts were reported to police Wednesday morning.
Only change was taken in the first break-in. In the second, sunglasses, an iPad charger, a scanner, an iPod, a sleeping bag and a backpack were taken. More change and a backpack were stolen in the third incident.
Police believe the three crimes are related.
"I think two of them were definitely related," said Capt. Gary Bartis. "It's very likely, given how close they are and the fact that they all occurred on the same night."
Police put out a Nixle alert about the thefts around 8:30 a.m. on Thursday morning asking residents to call police if they recalled seeing any suspicious vehicles in the area. By early afternoon, however, Auburn police had received no tips.
"Nixle is pretty good at that, so my guess is nobody saw anything," said Bartis.
All five cars were unlocked at the time of the thefts. Auburn police are asking residents to make sure they lock their vehicles at night and keep any valuables out of sight.
Residents are asked to report any suspicious activity to the Auburn Police Department at 483-2134.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands