Sandown voters reject new police station
The station plan, which has faced defeat before, was turned down 333-406.
Voters showed some support by approving a warrant article (413-319) to add $200,000 to a fund for the future construction of a new station.
Voters also OK'd a $3.4 million town operating budget (454-274).
The town's only contested race ended in a tie for town treasurer between Bruce Cleveland (232) and Erica Olsen (232). James Devine earned 209 votes. It's unclear how the vote outcome will be settled. Officials said it could be decided by a coin toss.
Seacoast » Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
- Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry - 0
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands