Headway seen in Manchester superintendent search
Ted Rokas, the Ward 5 school board member, said the five members of the superintendent selection committee will spend this week checking references of eight semifinalists that were interviewed via Skype last week.
The committee had planned to pare the list down to three last Saturday, but didn't want to rush the process, Rokas said.
He said a consulting firm working with the committee did criminal background and sex-offender checks of the semi-finalists. But the committee is calling employers and references.
Superintendent Tom Brennan leaves his position June 30, and Rokas said the school board wants a new superintendent on the job July 1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NBA Finals: Big Three power Heat to series-tying win over Spurs - 0
- Heat turn 33-5 run into Game 2 win - 0
- James' triple-double not enough as Spurs win Finals opener - 0
- Celtics' impobable rally falls short as Knicks take series - 0
- Celtics remain alive with win over Knicks - 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 14
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112