'Body' turns out to be uninvited houseguest napping behind couch
Darnae Stressel, 23, was arrested late Tuesday afternoon and charged with criminal trespass.
Police said the woman returned to her Beech Street home about 4:40 p.m. to find a "body" on the floor behind her living room couch. Officers discovered a sleeping Stressel under a blanket on the floor behind the couch.
He previously stayed at the residence as a guest of the woman's grandson but had not been welcomed there in several weeks. Police said no one was home when he let himself in with a key, which was returned to the grandmother after officers found it allegedly in Stressel's possession.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 6
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641