Bishop Guertin coach says he won't play Boykin in tonight's NHIAA Div. I boys' basketball semifinal
NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Semifinals: Trinity on familiar turf
Boykin was arrested Saturday by Hudson Police for allegedly throwing an egg out of the window of a pick-up truck, hitting a Hudson police cruiser. Griffin Scanlon, the starting boys' ice hockey goaltender for Bishop Guertin who was driving a Honda Ridgeline with Boykin in the passenger seat, was also arrested on the scene.
Scanlon was charged with criminal liability for the conduct of another and Boykin was charged with reckless conduct.
Both 17-year-olds were released on personal recognizance and were ordered to appear in Nashua District Court on March 28 for arraignment.
Reached by phone before practice Monday, Migneault said it will be up to the Bishop Guertin administrators as to whether Boykin will be allowed to play in tonight's game at the University of New Hampshire.
However, if he is allowed to compete, Migneault said he plans on benching Boykin.
"I've spoken to Clyde and he's very remorseful," said Migneault. "He also plans on addressing the team. Kids make mistakes and Clyde's fortunate no one seriously got hurt. It's a lesson in life. Hopefully he learns from it. My decision is not to play him (tonight) against Spaulding."
Migneault said he was not allowing Boykin to practice with the team Monday night.
Bishop Guertin athletic director Peter Paladino called the incident "disheartening. Other than that I can't comment further because there are privacy issues involved here."
Merrimack Valley » Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Dodgeball returns to Windham schools - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time