Gill Stadium anniversary event planned in Manchester
The anniversary will be celebrated Sept. 8 with a ceremony featuring football, soccer and fireworks.
Originally called Textile Field, Gill Stadium was built for the semi-professional Manufacturer's Baseball League. Most people are familiar with it as a site for high school sports, although the New Hampshire Fisher Cats played their 2004 home schedule there while what is now Northeast Delta Dental Stadium was under construction on the banks of the Merrimack River.
Major sponsors for the centennial event include Anagnost Companies, Centrix Bank, Granite Staste Credit Union, American Legion Post 21, Merrimack County Voiture of the Forty and Eight and the Union Leader Corporation.
Anyone interested in becoming involved in the event as a contributor or volunteer is asked to contact committee member Mike Lopez at 669-8058 or email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840