Gill Stadium anniversary event planned in Manchester
The anniversary will be celebrated Sept. 8 with a ceremony featuring football, soccer and fireworks.
Originally called Textile Field, Gill Stadium was built for the semi-professional Manufacturer's Baseball League. Most people are familiar with it as a site for high school sports, although the New Hampshire Fisher Cats played their 2004 home schedule there while what is now Northeast Delta Dental Stadium was under construction on the banks of the Merrimack River.
Major sponsors for the centennial event include Anagnost Companies, Centrix Bank, Granite Staste Credit Union, American Legion Post 21, Merrimack County Voiture of the Forty and Eight and the Union Leader Corporation.
Anyone interested in becoming involved in the event as a contributor or volunteer is asked to contact committee member Mike Lopez at 669-8058 or email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Game 1 thriller goes to Bruins in OT - 0
- Bruins vs. Rangers: Here we go again - 0
- Bruins win Game 7 in overtime in epic comeback - 2
- Bruins’ scoring woes continue; series finale tonight - 0
- Goalie Reimer brilliant against Bruins as Leafs force Game 6 - 0
- Krejci 'tricks' Toronto, Bruins one win from advancing - 0
- Bruins beat Toronto for series lead - 0
- Bruins strong out of the gate, beat Toronto to open playoffs - 0
- History means nothing in Bruins-Leafs series - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 3
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840