Gill Stadium anniversary event planned in Manchester
The anniversary will be celebrated Sept. 8 with a ceremony featuring football, soccer and fireworks.
Originally called Textile Field, Gill Stadium was built for the semi-professional Manufacturer's Baseball League. Most people are familiar with it as a site for high school sports, although the New Hampshire Fisher Cats played their 2004 home schedule there while what is now Northeast Delta Dental Stadium was under construction on the banks of the Merrimack River.
Major sponsors for the centennial event include Anagnost Companies, Centrix Bank, Granite Staste Credit Union, American Legion Post 21, Merrimack County Voiture of the Forty and Eight and the Union Leader Corporation.
Anyone interested in becoming involved in the event as a contributor or volunteer is asked to contact committee member Mike Lopez at 669-8058 or email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 1
Town may have to fix grave error
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840