Gill Stadium anniversary event planned in Manchester
The anniversary will be celebrated Sept. 8 with a ceremony featuring football, soccer and fireworks.
Originally called Textile Field, Gill Stadium was built for the semi-professional Manufacturer's Baseball League. Most people are familiar with it as a site for high school sports, although the New Hampshire Fisher Cats played their 2004 home schedule there while what is now Northeast Delta Dental Stadium was under construction on the banks of the Merrimack River.
Major sponsors for the centennial event include Anagnost Companies, Centrix Bank, Granite Staste Credit Union, American Legion Post 21, Merrimack County Voiture of the Forty and Eight and the Union Leader Corporation.
Anyone interested in becoming involved in the event as a contributor or volunteer is asked to contact committee member Mike Lopez at 669-8058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840