Two injured breaking up dogfight in Manchester
The yellow Labrador retriever and a pitbull were walking on opposite sides of Jewett Street when the pitbull broke free from its owner, ran across the street and attacked the other dog, Manchester police Lt. Mike Hurley said.
The owner of the pitbull was trying to separate the dogs and was joined by a passerby who saw the dogs fighting.
Both men received bite wounds to their hands and the Lab was also taken to a veterinarian for treatment. Animal control was investigating and would decide whether charges are warranted, Hurley said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
- Sally C. Pipes: Obamacare's exchanges are on a collision course with reality - 26
- David Harsanyi: Liberals are hypocrites when it comes to freedom - 14
- John Stossel: Didn't we give up privacy already? - 0
- Dave Campbell: As a biker, I have loud pipes, so what? - 37
- George Will: Lois Lerner's serial abuses of power - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: How is that trust in Obama working out? - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why Republicans really are losing the youth vote - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- Woman rescued after Franklin accident, 50-foot plunge - 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37