Driver arrested for second offense DWI after Portsmouth crash
Portsmouth police said that at about 8:51 p.m. Saturday night, a Toyota Tundra traveling southbound on Route 1 ran off the road and crashed into a utility pole near the town line, snapping that pole and then crashing into a second pole before coming to rest in a snow bank.
Electrical, telephone and cable wires were knocked to the street, forcing police to divert traffic for about three-and-one-half hours. The road was reopened at about 1 a.m. Sunday, but delays were reported as utility workers continued the job of re-stringing the wires.
Police arrested Kevon Hughes, 45, of Portsmouth for second offense drunken driving.
Seacoast » Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'