Milk tanker slides off I-89 in Sutton
The crash happened about 3:35 a.m. at mile marker 29.6, between Exits 11 and 10, according to state police.
Frederick Steinhour, 59, of Enosburg, Vt., was driving the fully loaded tractor-trailer tanker truck owned by McDermott's Inc. when he lost control and the truck slid off the left shoulder, rolling onto the driver's side. Steinhour was not injured in the crash.
State troopers from Troop D, Troop G and the Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement unit, as well as members of the state Department of Environmental Services, were on scene. Traffic is reduced to one lane in the area of the crash as crews work to remove the truck, which is expected to take several hours.
The crash remains under investigation. State police said one factor being investigated is the possibility the road had iced up since overnight temperatures were hovering around freezing.
Merrimack Valley » Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 4
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 2
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack