Organizers say SnoDeo attendance went up this year
Snowmobiles sit idle on Diamond Pond in Stewartstown as riders turned out in droves for last weekend's SnoDeo, which offered a chance to test drive sleds. (Courtesy)
Kevin Drew, president of Swift Diamond Rider Snowmobile Club in West Stewartstown, said Saturday some 4,000 visitors were expected to trek to Coleman State Park, and it appeared the SnoDeo drew about that number.
"Our snowmobile traffic was definitely up this year," Drew said Tuesday, adding, "This year, we had more snowmobilers riding in than cars driving in. That's a good sign that trail conditions are very good all around us."
A portion of frozen Diamond Pond became a snowmobile parking lot as riders arrived at the Stewartstown trail hub from all points.
Drew's 800-member club is responsible for grooming and maintaining 120 miles of snowmobile trails. The members depend on the $10,000 to $15,000 in profits from the SnoDeo each year to help maintain the trails.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speedway looks to attract more fans as NASCAR stars return to NH - 0
- Next to the fun park, a new seafood spot - 0
- A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams - 0
- Salem senior housing ordinance change proposed - 0
- New Boston students could be given option to attend Goffstown middle school - 0
- New Album 'WORLD ON FIRE' Released Today And Streaming On USA Today, appearances to follow - 0
- Whitefield artist's beadwork is a tribute to her Native American ancestry - 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams
Next to the fun park, a new seafood spot
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project