Deering's Jon Rheault makes NHL debut with Florida Panthers
Rheault, of Deering, was called up by the Florida Panthers on Tuesday. The right wing was playing in the AHL for the San Antonio Rampage, where he was leading the club in 37 points (17-20-37).
The announcement came in conjunction with the news that Florida's longest-tenured player, center Stephen Weiss, will undergo wrist surgery and will be lost for the rest of the season.
Rheault was a plus-1 Tuesday night as the Panthers beat Winnipeg, 4-1, in Florida.
A product of the New Hampshire Junior Monarchs and Providence College, Rheault began his AHL career in 2008-09 with the Manchester Monarchs. Since those 24 games with the Monarchs, he was played with the Ontario Reign of the ECHL, the Providence Bruins, the Monarchs again (2009-10, for 35 games), the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL, then the Rampage this season.
He was a fifth-round draft pick of the Flyers in 2006.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 12
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 34
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 5
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 4
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840