Veterans news in brief
MANCHESTER - Post 79's Sons of the American Legion will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday at the post, 35 W. Brook St. For information, call the canteen at 623-9218.
From 8 p.m. to midnight will be karaoke night with Dennis Cousins. It will be potluck.
Monday's cribbage night starts at 6:30 p.m. The entry fee is $5.
Korean War vets trying to organize Manchester chapter
MANCHESTER - The Korean War Veterans Association of New Hampshire is in the process of forming a local chapter in the greater Manchester vicinity and would like to hear from interested veterans of all military service branches, male and female, who served during the "police action" era.
Sometimes referred to as the "Forgotten War,"this July will mark the 60th anniversary of the cessation of hostilities during which time more than 50,000 died and many thousands more were wounded or reported missing.
Membership is open to all who served during the actual war time frame beginning June 25,1950, through January 31,1955, (noncombat as well as combat) and any who served in Korea from the Sept. 3,1945, to June 25,1950, period.
For information, contact Al Heidenreich at 623-8960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- White Mountains school board expands preschool - 0
- Milford team wins seatbelt challenge - 0
- Activist resident launches alternative UNH logo search - 1
- Loeb School offers workshop on producing newsletters - 0
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up - 1
- Nashua elementary teacher honored for real-world lessons - 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced