Allenstown man injured when wall outlet explodes
The man, who lives in one of the two units at 35 Main St., was plugging a DVD player into a wall outlet when the outlet exploded. Allenstown police said it was not clear if the explosion was due to issues with the outlet and electrical wiring in the building or with the DVD player itself. The Allenstown building inspector, Marcus Everngam, conducted an inspection of the building Tuesday afternoon.
Power has been shut off in the building as a safety precaution.
The victim was transported to Concord Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Responders found him dazed and with cuts to his face.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown officials want new Exit 7 on I-293 - 0
- Hampton Beach hosts master sand sculptors at competition - 0
- New Hampshire Club News in Brief - 0
- Hooksett plans survey to find out what residents want - 0
- For this weekend's New England Nationals, Epping is the center of the drag-racing world - 0
- North Country’s 1,000-mile ATV trail opens - 0
- Windham officials: Local fireworks ordinance confusing - 0
- Gas leak forces Hooksett elementary students to be taken to nearby school - 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
Goffstown officials want new Exit 7 on I-293
New Hampshire Club News in Brief
North Country’s 1,000-mile ATV trail opens
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off