Allenstown man injured when wall outlet explodes
ALLENSTOWN - Allenstown's building inspector and safety officials are conducting an investigation of a duplex on Main Street after a man suffered injuries Tuesday when a wall outlet exploded in his face.
The man, who lives in one of the two units at 35 Main St., was plugging a DVD player into a wall outlet when the outlet exploded. Allenstown police said it was not clear if the explosion was due to issues with the outlet and electrical wiring in the building or with the DVD player itself. The Allenstown building inspector, Marcus Everngam, conducted an inspection of the building Tuesday afternoon.
Power has been shut off in the building as a safety precaution.
The victim was transported to Concord Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Responders found him dazed and with cuts to his face.
The Hooksett Banner
100 William Loeb Drive
Manchester, NH 03109
Neighborhood News publications can be found at a newsstand near you here.
News, Obituaries, Sports & Social Announcements
Thomas Caldwell, Editor
Email ads to email@example.com
Classified advertising: 603-669-1010
Display advertising: 603-668-4321
Print rate card | Digital rate card
Please use our online form at www.nh365.org
Paul Feely's City Hall: Three aldermen on the hot seat this Tuesday night, two with other family members paid by Manchester
Man whose daughter was fatally shot by her husband in 2009 now advocates for domestic violence victims
Manchester police arrest 3 men in drug raid
Protesters rally for stronger gun laws
New complaints lodged against 3 aldermen