Allenstown man injured when wall outlet explodes
The man, who lives in one of the two units at 35 Main St., was plugging a DVD player into a wall outlet when the outlet exploded. Allenstown police said it was not clear if the explosion was due to issues with the outlet and electrical wiring in the building or with the DVD player itself. The Allenstown building inspector, Marcus Everngam, conducted an inspection of the building Tuesday afternoon.
Power has been shut off in the building as a safety precaution.
The victim was transported to Concord Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Responders found him dazed and with cuts to his face.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death