Home » Sports » College Sports
NH Football: Santos joins UNH staff; Lenahan earns national honor
Santos was a four-year starter (2004-07) who led the Wildcats to a 37-14 record during that time. He guided UNH to the NCAA Division I-AA/FCS playoffs in each of those four seasons and led the program to its first Division I postseason victory when the Wildcats won at Georgia Southern in 2004.
Santos ranks third among FCS players in passing yards (13,212) and touchdown passes (123), and fourth in total offense (14,615). He also holds the UNH record for pass attempts (1,498), completions (1,024) and passing yards (12,189).
In 2006, Santos won the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding player in FCS football. After graduating from UNH, Santos played for three Canadian Football League teams from 2009 to 2012. His uniform number (No. 2) is one of four numbers retired by the UNH football program.
Lenahan earns national honor
Plymouth Regional football coach Chuck Lenahan will be inducted into the NFHS National High School Hall of Fame on June 27 in Denver.
Lenahan won his 19th state title when Plymouth beat Trinity of Manchester for the Division IV championship last fall. It was the 13th time Lenahan has guided a Plymouth team to an unbeaten season.
Lenahan has a 345-69-1 record in 42 seasons as Plymouth's head coach. No New England high school football coach has more career victories.
Lenahan will be one of 13 inductees in the 2013 class. The others include Joe Theisman, who was a three-sport standout at South River (N.J.) High School; and Chauncey Billups, who was the three-time Mr. Basketball at Denver's George Washington High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands