Time change for Trinity-Central tip-off
Tip-off for Tuesday's showdown between the top two boys' basketball teams in Division I, city rivals Manchester Central and visiting Trinity, has been moved back a half-hour, from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
Both teams enter the night with 15-1 records in NHIAA play and one more regular-season game to play after Tuesday.
The Little Green and the Pioneers have met once this season, Central prevailing in the opening round of the Queen City Invitational, 64-50, on the day after Christmas. Junior point guard had a game-high 18 points to lead the Green.
Central is coming off its first loss of the season, 70-62 to Nashua South last Tuesday. The Little Green wrap up the regular season Friday at Bedford, which is a relatively modest 10-6 but has won its last four games and seven of its last eight.
Trinity has won five straight since its only NHIAA defeat, a 60-56 loss at Merrimack on Feb. 12. The Pioneers play their last regular-season game Friday at Timberlane Regional in Plaistow.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: We will print off-site, as would Loeb - 6
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: On elvers and clearing up 'Windum thing' - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Thinking of the price of news and bread - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: No dodging it: 'Wind-HAM' is for wimps - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: From NH books to the national news - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The late Jim Finnegan: a master of his craft - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: While newspaper rumors abound, comics rule - 4
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Fortunate to have known the Koop family - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 25, 2013
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840