USDA awards Berlin $1 million for dam repair
U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen said Thursday that she applauds the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development's announcement that the city of Berlin has gotten a $1 million loan from the USDA for the city's project to repair the water transmission line.
"Godfrey Dam is an important priority and this loan will provide for necessary repairs to help keep Berlin's water supply clean and safe. I am pleased that USDA is acting to help the city of Berlin meet the economic and public health needs of the region, especially considering the positive impact this infrastructure project will have on the Berlin economy," Shaheen said.
Mayor Paul Grenier of Berlin said that the funds will go toward the work on 4.8 miles of pipe.
He said the city continues to work to improve infrastructure.
The Godfrey dam is the primary storage for the city's water supply.
Great North Woods » Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'