Allenstown man indicted for 2012 choking assault
Ernest Hamel, no age listed, of 193 River Road in Allenstown was indicted by a Rockingham County Superior Court grand jury in their February session on one count of second degree assault, one count of attempted second degree assault, two counts of simple assault and two counts of criminal threatening.
According to the indictments, Hamel "knowingly engaged in the strangulation" of a woman in Londonderry on April 22, 2012, wrapping his hands around her neck and pressing his foot to her chest. He also allegedly threatened to kill her, saying he would "put a contract out on her life."
According to a Londonderry police log, Allenstown Police arrested Hamel on April 24, 2012 on a Londonderry warrant for all of the charges, with the exception of the attempted second degree assault. He was held on $5,000 cash bail at the time. It is unclear why the indictments took almost a year to be handed down.
Hamel will be arraigned on Feb. 28 at 1 p.m.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Dodgeball returns to Windham schools - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time