Allenstown man indicted for 2012 choking assault
Ernest Hamel, no age listed, of 193 River Road in Allenstown was indicted by a Rockingham County Superior Court grand jury in their February session on one count of second degree assault, one count of attempted second degree assault, two counts of simple assault and two counts of criminal threatening.
According to the indictments, Hamel "knowingly engaged in the strangulation" of a woman in Londonderry on April 22, 2012, wrapping his hands around her neck and pressing his foot to her chest. He also allegedly threatened to kill her, saying he would "put a contract out on her life."
According to a Londonderry police log, Allenstown Police arrested Hamel on April 24, 2012 on a Londonderry warrant for all of the charges, with the exception of the attempted second degree assault. He was held on $5,000 cash bail at the time. It is unclear why the indictments took almost a year to be handed down.
Hamel will be arraigned on Feb. 28 at 1 p.m.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
- Parents can plan ahead, model healthful habits... and not stress out - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs