Allenstown man indicted for 2012 choking assault
Ernest Hamel, no age listed, of 193 River Road in Allenstown was indicted by a Rockingham County Superior Court grand jury in their February session on one count of second degree assault, one count of attempted second degree assault, two counts of simple assault and two counts of criminal threatening.
According to the indictments, Hamel "knowingly engaged in the strangulation" of a woman in Londonderry on April 22, 2012, wrapping his hands around her neck and pressing his foot to her chest. He also allegedly threatened to kill her, saying he would "put a contract out on her life."
According to a Londonderry police log, Allenstown Police arrested Hamel on April 24, 2012 on a Londonderry warrant for all of the charges, with the exception of the attempted second degree assault. He was held on $5,000 cash bail at the time. It is unclear why the indictments took almost a year to be handed down.
Hamel will be arraigned on Feb. 28 at 1 p.m.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 10
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
Mind your (flea-market) manners
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack