Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After board OK's extension, Manchester mayor slams Hooksett tuition offer - 0
- Operation Santa helps disabled, elderly residents - 0
- Salem Christmas Fund donors - 0
- Farm movement founders honored at community agricultural day ceremony - 0
- Salem High opts out of federal program in effort to get more students to buy lunch - 0
- Villa Augustina parent board says Goffstown schools not only prospective buyer - 0
- Goffstown schools eyeing former Villa Augustina building - 0
- Jack Savage's Forest Journal: Howling in suburbia: Coyotes and the 'Beau Geste' - 0
- Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Salem Christmas Fund donors
Tough task for NH budget writers
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll