Submissions welcome for K Rocks! battle of the bands fundraiser
Presented by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester, the event is scheduled for March 16, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Palace Theatre.
Celebrity judges will be on hand and Still Well Angel, a Boston-based metal band, will once again be there to provide all the backline equipment and technical support. Once the battle is complete, Still Well Angel will play a set.
All funds raised by the K Rocks! Battle of the Bands will be distributed to local, youth nonprofits supported by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester.
The bands are to be comprised, principally, of musicians attending high schools in New Hampshire. Music samples or band website links may be emailed to: email@example.com or digital media mailed to: Rob Batchelder, K Rocks! Co-Chair, 14 Tavistock Drive, Bedford, NH 03110. Text or call Rob at 714-0342. The deadline to enter is Sunday and the top eight bands will be invited to compete. Additional information is available at www.krocks.org.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $9 for 17 and under, and can be purchased online through the Palace Theatre, www.palacetheatre.org, or at the box office.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Mind your (flea-market) manners
A great day for a road race
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs