Two NH men charged in series of daytime burglaries
The arrests came after law-enforcement officials formed a regional burglary task force because of 35 daytime burglaries in Pelham, Hudson, Dracut, Mass., and Tyngsborough, Mass. Jewelry and electronics were the targets of the burglars who, in most cases, forced their way into the homes.
Detectives identified two suspects in the burglaries after recovering stolen property at area pawn shops.
After a six-week investigation, detectives had enough evidence to question the two suspects identified as Matthew Szczechura, 29, of Pelham, and Jeffrey Lavoie, 26, of Hudson.
About 5 p.m. Monday, police stopped their vehicle on Mammoth Road in Pelham and arrested them after recovering evidence from the car. Later, police said they learned of four burglaries that same day in Windham, Danville and Sandown, and found some stolen items from those break-ins on Szczechura and Lavoie.
Investigators seized the vehicle and applied for a search warrant. Detectives said the two men were involved in about 20 burglaries that occurred in Pelham, Windham, Hudson, Danville, Sandown and Dracut and Tyngsborough. Police also believe the two men may have been involved in several other burglaries in area towns.
Szczechura is charged with being a fugitive from justice on a burglary warrant out of Dracut, burglary, and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham.
Lavoie is charged with burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham. The two will be facing additional burglary-related charges out of Dracut, Tyngsborough, Windham, Hudson, Sandown and Danville. Both are being held pending arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Dodgeball returns to Windham schools - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time