May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Two NH men charged in series of daytime burglaries
The arrests came after law-enforcement officials formed a regional burglary task force because of 35 daytime burglaries in Pelham, Hudson, Dracut, Mass., and Tyngsborough, Mass. Jewelry and electronics were the targets of the burglars who, in most cases, forced their way into the homes.
Detectives identified two suspects in the burglaries after recovering stolen property at area pawn shops.
After a six-week investigation, detectives had enough evidence to question the two suspects identified as Matthew Szczechura, 29, of Pelham, and Jeffrey Lavoie, 26, of Hudson.
About 5 p.m. Monday, police stopped their vehicle on Mammoth Road in Pelham and arrested them after recovering evidence from the car. Later, police said they learned of four burglaries that same day in Windham, Danville and Sandown, and found some stolen items from those break-ins on Szczechura and Lavoie.
Investigators seized the vehicle and applied for a search warrant. Detectives said the two men were involved in about 20 burglaries that occurred in Pelham, Windham, Hudson, Danville, Sandown and Dracut and Tyngsborough. Police also believe the two men may have been involved in several other burglaries in area towns.
Szczechura is charged with being a fugitive from justice on a burglary warrant out of Dracut, burglary, and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham.
Lavoie is charged with burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham. The two will be facing additional burglary-related charges out of Dracut, Tyngsborough, Windham, Hudson, Sandown and Danville. Both are being held pending arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424