Litchfield's first Winter Fest features Parents' Night Out
Organized by the Litchfield Recreation Commission, the event features numerous family activities. Winter Fest kicks off Friday night with a Parents' Night Out. Parents are encouraged to bring their children to Talent Hall from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Volunteers will watch the kids and couples can enjoy a night out. For $5 per child, youngsters can enjoy activities such as bingo and a movie.
Children must be at least 3 years of age and potty-trained, and are welcome to wear their pajamas and bring a pillow and blanket.
On Saturday, the gates open at 9:30 a.m. at Roy Memorial Park and Talent Hall with ice skating, snowmobile racing, snow volleyball, sled races, face painting and a bring-your-own beer garden.
At 11 a.m., Fisher Cats mascot Fungo will be on hand and a wrestling demonstration will take place. At 12:30 p.m., a chili contest will begin in conjunction with a cheerleading demonstration, followed by karate at 3 p.m. and a visit from Monarchs Max at 3:30 p.m.
Local police and fire crews will compete in a hockey game with residents starting at 4:30 p.m., followed by a cornhole tournament at 6 p.m. Dog sled rides provided by Seal Cove Journeys will be held throughout the day for $20 a ride.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs